What is Black Mamba Drug
Synthetic cannabinoids or Black mamba are human-made mind-altering chemicals (psychoactive drugs) that are either sprayed on dried, shredded plant material so they can be smoked or sold as liquids to be vaporized and inhaled in e-cigarettes and other devices.
Manufacturers sell these products in colorful foil packages and plastic bottles to attract
consumers. They market these products under a wide variety of specific brand names.
Hundreds of brands now exist, including K2, Spice, Joker, Kush, and Kronic.
These products are also known as herbal or liquid incense. These chemicals are called cannabinoids because they are similar to chemicals found in the marijuana plant. Because of this similarity, synthetic cannabinoids are sometimes misleadingly called synthetic marijuana (or fake weed), and they are often marketed as safe, legal alternatives to that drug.
In fact, they are not safe and may affect the brain much more intensely than marijuana. Their actual effects can be unpredictable and, in some cases, more dangerous or even life-threatening. Synthetic cannabinoids are part of a group of drugs called new psychoactive substances (NPS).
NPS are unregulated mind-altering substances that have become newly available on the market and are intended to produce the same effects as illegal drugs. Some of these substances may have been around for years but have reentered the market in altered chemical forms, or due to renewed popularity.
The Synthetic Drug Abuse Prevention Act is part of the FDA Safety and Innovation Act of 2012, signed into law by President Obama. The law permanently places 26 types of synthetic cannabinoids, including Black Mamba, and cathinones into Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). It also doubled the maximum period of time that the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) can administratively schedule substances under its emergency scheduling authority, from 18 to 36 months.
Get Your Life Back
Find Hope & Recovery. Get Safe Comfortable Detox, Addiction Rehab & Mental Health Dual Diagnosis High-Quality Care at the We Level Up Treatment Centers Network.Hotline (877) 378-4154
How Do People Take It?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)  is advising consumers not to purchase or use Black Mamba Premium, a product promoted for sexual enhancement. FDA identified this product during an examination of international mail shipments.
FDA laboratory analysis confirmed that Black Mamba Premium contains sildenafil, the active ingredient in the FDA-approved prescription drug Viagra, used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED).
This undeclared ingredient may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs such as nitroglycerin and may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels. Men with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease often take nitrates.
The most common way to use synthetic cannabinoids is to smoke the dried plant material. Users also mix the sprayed plant material with marijuana or brew it as tea. Other users buy synthetic cannabinoid products as liquids to vaporize in e-cigarettes.
What Does the Black Mamba Drug Do to You?
The health effects of using synthetic cannabinoids such as the Black Mamba drug can be unpredictable and harmful—even life-threatening. Black Mamba drugs can be toxic. As a result, people who smoke these products can react with rapid heart rate, vomiting, agitation, confusion, and hallucinations. Some have to get help from emergency medical services or in hospital emergency departments or intensive care units.
Synthetic cannabinoid products such as Black Mamba drugs are unsafe. It is hard to know what the products contain or what your reaction to them will be.
- There are no standards for making, packaging, or selling synthetic cannabinoid chemicals. That means that two packets of a brand-named product may have completely different chemicals.
- The amount of the synthetic cannabinoid chemical(s) can vary between batches or even within the same batch.
- Synthetic cannabinoid products may also be contaminated with other drugs or toxic chemicals, such as synthetic cathinones (“bath salts,” “flakka”).
Black Mamba drugs can cause severe illness and death.
Synthetic cannabinoids such as the Black Mamba drug can affect brain function. Signs and symptoms include:
- Agitation and irritability
- Confusion and concentration problems
- Hallucinations, delusions, psychosis, suicidal thoughts, and violent behavior
- Sleepiness and dizziness
Black Mamba drug can cause other health problems:
- Breathing problems
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Heart attack, fast heart rate, high blood pressure, and stroke
- Kidney failure
These health problems depend on many factors, including the specific synthetic cannabinoid, the dose (how much), and the duration of use (for how long).
Get Help. Get Better. Get Your Life Back.
Searching for Accredited Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers Near You? Or Mental Health Support?
Even if you have failed previously, relapsed, or are in a difficult crisis, we stand ready to support you. Our trusted behavioral health specialists will not give up on you. Call us when you feel ready or want someone to speak to about therapy alternatives to change your life. Even if we cannot assist you, we will lead you wherever you can get support. There is no obligation. Call our hotline today.FREE Addiction Hotline – Call 24/7
How it Looks, Taste, and Smells?
In their pure form, synthetic cannabinoids are either solids or oils. They are then added to dried herbs, vegetable matter, or plant cuttings to make a smoking mixture (so that it looks more like real herbal cannabis).
The most commonly known synthetic cannabinoid is Spice.
The smoking mixtures are packaged in small, often colorful sachets with labels describing the contents as incense or herbal smoking mixture, and usually stating ‘not for human consumption.
There are many different names that were given to herbal smoking mixtures, some of the most common are listed in the ‘Also called’ section at the top of the page.
There are many different brand names for smoking mixtures, but it is not uncommon for different brands to contain the same synthetic cannabinoids.
How it Feels?
Since Black mamba drugs act like cannabis, good and bad effects are similar. Some users will feel happy and relaxed, may get giggles, feel hunger pangs and become very talkative. Others mainly feel ill or paranoid.
Because black mamba reacts more strongly with the brain’s cannabis receptors they’re more potent than natural cannabis. This means it’s easier to use too much and experience unpleasant and harmful effects.
Black Mamba drugs act like THC, the active substance in natural cannabis, but are often more potent, so it’s easier to use too much and experience unpleasant and harmful effects.
Typical effects include:
- Feelings of being happy, euphoric and relaxed, with some people gettings the giggles, feeling hunger pangs and becoming very talkative, while others get more drowsy.
- Mood and perception can change, and concentration and coordination may become difficult. Synthetic cannabinoids, possibly because of their potency, are more likely to be associated with hallucinations than natural cannabis.
- Some will have quite bad reactions, such as paranoia, panic attacks and forgetfulness.
First-class Facilities & Amenities
World-class High-Quality Addiction & Mental Health Rehabilitation TreatmentRehab Centers Tour
Renowned Addiction Centers. Serene Private Facilities. Inpatient rehab programs vary.Addiction Helpline (877) 378-4154
Proven recovery success experience, backed by a Team w/ History of:
- 15+ Years Experience
- 100s of 5-Star Reviews
- 10K+ Recovery Successes
- Low Patient to Therapist Ratio
- Onsite Medical Detox Center
- Comprehensive Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
- Complimentary Family & Alumni Programs
- Coaching, Recovery & Personal Development Events
Risks and Side Effects of Black Mamba Drug
Synthetic cannabinoids may be addictive since some people have reported withdrawal symptoms after heavy use over a long time.
If you suddenly stop using synthetic cannabinoids, you may have the following symptoms:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe anxiety
- Trouble sleeping
You may have more severe symptoms if you use synthetic cannabinoids frequently for a long time period and suddenly stop, such as:
- Breathing problems
- Chest pain
- Rapid heart rate
Experts think that the severity of these symptoms is related to how much synthetic cannabinoid is used and for how long.
Physical Health Risks
The risks of synthetic cannabinoids are similar to natural cannabis, but because synthetic cannabinoids are more potent, it is easy to use too much and experience unpleasant and harmful effects. This higher potency also means that the effects may last for longer.
Also, because many synthetic cannabinoids are new, they may have unknown effects too.
We know that there have been a number of deaths that have been associated with the use of synthetic cannabinoids such as the Black Mamba drug, either on their own or with other substances. There may also be risks from smoking the plant material itself – as occurs with tobacco and cannabis smoking.
Reported side-effects from using Black Bamba drug include:
- Feelings of lightheadedness, dizziness, confusion and tiredness
- Feeling excited, agitated and aggressive
- Mood swings
- Anxiety and paranoia
- Suicidal thoughts
- Memory problems and amnesia
- Nausea and vomiting
- Hot flushes
- Increased heart rate and blood pressure, which may cause chest pains and damage your heart and even cause a heart attack
- Excessive sweating
- Fingers, toes or muscles feel numb and tingly
- Tremors, seizures and fits
Other risks for synthetic cannabinoids:
- Research suggests that they may be an association between using synthetic cannabinoids and acute kidney injury.
- Many synthetic cannabinoids have a chemical structure that is similar to serotonin, a natural chemical found in the body. It’s been suggested that there’s a risk that synthetic cannabinoids could overstimulate the serotonin system (called serotonin syndrome), which can result in high fever, rapid pulse, sweating, agitation, confusion, convulsions, organ failure, coma and even death.
- Because of the way that smoking mixtures are made, there can be differences in the concentration of synthetic cannabinoids in individual packets and between different batches. You can never be 100% sure of how powerful a dose you are going to take.
Mental Health Risks
- Black mamba drugs are more likely to be associated with hallucinations than natural cannabis, possibly because of their potency.
- Use of black mamba drugs can cause psychotic episodes, which in extreme cases could last for weeks.
- Regular use could cause a relapse of mental health illness or increase the risk of developing a mental illness, especially if you have a family history of mental illness.
World-class, Accredited, 5-Star Reviewed, Effective Addiction & Mental Health Programs. Complete Behavioral Health Inpatient Rehab, Detox plus Co-occuring Disorders Therapy.CALL (877) 378-4154
End the Addiction Pain. End the Emotional Rollercoaster. Get Your Life Back. Start Drug, Alcohol & Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Treatment Now. Get Free No-obligation Guidance by Substance Abuse Specialists Who Understand Addiction & Mental Health Recovery & Know How to Help.
Black Mamba Drug Addiction Treatment
It is estimated that black mamba drug users are almost five times more likely to have a heart attack in the first 60 minutes after taking the drug than at any other time during the day. In addition, prolonged drug use can have severe physical and psychological effects on you, so it is essential to seek treatment as soon as possible. Inpatient drug rehab offers intensive care that can help you get through the early stages of withdrawal promptly.
Being weaned off (detox) from Black Mamba drugs can cause severe psychological and medical symptoms, which is another reason an inpatient drug rehab facility is the best environment for recovery. Such decisions cannot be made until you receive a full medical evaluation and consult with your team of addiction specialists.
Only after a comprehensive history of your use of black mamba drug has been taken, as well as the use of other drugs, and taking into account, your current medical condition, can the best decision be made about treatment. If you or a loved one is struggling with Black Mamba drug addiction, contact We Level Up NJ today to discuss treatment options.
Experience Transformative Recovery at the We Level Up Treatment Center.
See our authentic success stories. Get inspired. Get the help you deserve.
Start a New Life
Begin with a free call to an addiction & behavioral health treatment advisor. Learn more about our dual-diagnosis programs. The We Level Up treatment center network delivers various recovery programs at each treatment facility. Call to learn more.
- Personalized Care
- Caring Accountable Staff
- World-class Amenities
- Licensed & Accredited
- Renowned w/ 5-Star Reviews
We’ll Call You
 CDC – https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/hsb/chemicals/sc/default.html
 FDA – https://www.fda.gov/drugs/medication-health-fraud/public-notification-black-mamba-premium-contains-hidden-drug-ingredient
 DEA – https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/ondcp/ondcp-fact-sheets/synthetic-drugs-k2-spice-bath-salts#:~:text=The%20Synthetic%20Drug%20Abuse%20Prevention,Controlled%20Substances%20Act%20(CSA).
 NIDA – https://nida.nih.gov/publications/drugfacts/synthetic-cannabinoids-k2spice
 NIDA – https://nida.nih.gov/sites/default/files/drugfacts-synthcannabinoids.pdf