You’ll benefit from ongoing support and an alumni program because treatment is going to be a lifelong process generally. Even after completing an addiction treatment program at We Level Up NJ, we care for you. As you go back to normalcy and start your new life free from substance abuse, your lifelong journey is just getting started. Moreover, your recovery process has not ended just because your time in our center has.
Addiction treatment is your road to recovery, during which you will sometimes feel vulnerable and anxious. Additionally, we are always ready here for you if trying times may come your way, even if you have graduated already in our facility.
A quality treatment center knows that there will be certain times that you’ll feel fragile once you got out of rehab. Several factors may tempt you to go back to the old ways with substances as early recovery is full of risk of relapse.
These risks are dangerous triggers for relapse in those new to recovery. By being in an alumni program, you celebrate in healthy ways, engage with peers in recovery and get to know how others are dealing with the struggles of recovery.
- The stress of everyday life and unexpected stress
- People you used with and places connected to your substance abuse
- Negative emotions like guilt, doubt, anger, or fear
- Celebrations and holidays
Alumni Support to Avoid Risks of Relapse
Early recovery is also a time with its own stress. This stress comes from your desire to avoid relapse. Some tips for avoiding the stress of your first months in sobriety include remembering that sobriety is not easy for anyone and that not everyone in your life will understand your sobriety. You should avoid people unsupportive of your recovery and keep a positive attitude because it always gets better. You should also bear in mind that losing past drug use partners is not a negative. Asking for help means you are taking care of yourself. Complacency is dangerous.
At a minimum, IOT programs should give clients a thorough introduction to mutual-help programs. To help clients overcome any resistance by encouraging their attendance with other group members or program alumni. And, leave the decision about joining a group to the clients. Programs also can invite support groups to hold open meetings on-site. Generally, these meetings allow clients to become familiar with the format of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Narcotics Anonymous (NA), Cocaine Anonymous (CA), or other groups. 
Benefits of Alumni Support
- Our alumni director and coordinators work to maintain a community of love and support for the people that go through our program at We Level Up Treatment, and to have a safe place to turn to in the event of the calamity in their lives. The concept of one alcoholic helping another is at the backbone of our core values for when people leave this facility.
- Gaining friends in recovery and get to know how others are dealing with the struggles of recovery.
- You can use your alumni program to learn accountability while gaining and giving support among peers in recovery.
- You may enjoy healthy celebrations and enjoyment of life’s many offerings, drug and alcohol-free.
- Alumni programs typically provide helpful services like calls for follow-up, volunteer opportunities, 24-hour helplines, aftercare programs, and exclusive events.
- Alumni coordinators may encourage your participation in other supportive and social activities.
- The facility’s alumni connection services include ongoing education and support for continued success in recovery.
- You’ll have the opportunity to share your experiences with others and to support your peers in sobriety.
- It will not be limited to just your peers in recovery, it will also include friends and family.
- As a member of the alumni program, you will also be a part of someone else’s support network when they reach out to you. It can help strengthen your own sobriety by giving you opportunities to listen, understand, and support the people who need you the most. In this way, helping your peers is a way of extending your own recovery.
- You’ve made a commitment to your own sobriety, and by participating in our alumni program, you can promote your long-term recovery while helping others in need.
Above all, the main goal of our alumni program is to give anyone who wants to continue that support the chance to do so.
Free Alumni Support Here at We Level Up NJ
Most importantly, alumni support and aftercare are vital to your continued recovery success. Most people who had participated in a drug and alcohol addiction rehabilitation program and completed it relapsed within the first year because of the lack of support. That is why it is crucial to continue aftercare outpatient addiction treatment. The continuation of intensive high-quality programs after leaving residential treatment helps assure the likelihood of sobriety and continued recovery. All clients are eligible and receive after-care support and planning. We Level Up NJ offers free alumni program & support. As we are committed to client success and invest in your recovery even after you leave.
 Substance Abuse – National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine