Understanding Prescriptions Pills Abuse
A prescription pill can be abused when you use it for a purpose other than that prescribed. Therefore, it is crucial to understand that most of the medications in the market are psychoactive. In other words, they cause addiction or dependency cases similar to that of prescription drugs or illicit drugs. There are complications with changing the dependency pattern, and it often demands expert assistance. So, the first phase in several rehabilitation programs is typically a prescription pill detox.
Various detoxification programs can accommodate a more comprehensive understanding of which procedures are considered effective at removing prescription pill’ harmful substances. In addition, detoxification methods may vary from person to person, depending on the type and quantity of drugs used; the length of time the drugs were misused, and the addiction severity.
Danger in Discontinuation
A broad array of prescription pills is available to patients because it is ranging from pain killers derived from opium to stimulants. And depressants for the brain and spinal cord. To emphasize, there is a potential for chemical or physical dependence on each medication, along with neurological changes that happen over time with prescription pills.
The withdrawal will transpire when a person stops using a drug and ends the other or decreases the drug quantities. Basically, the onset of withdrawal symptoms might take several weeks before they are no longer severe enough to injure someone without proper treatment and prescription drugs. However, if not treated appropriately and adequately, they can be fatal.
Get Your Life Back
Find Hope & Recovery. Get Safe Comfortable Detox, Addiction Rehab & Dual Diagnosis High-Quality Care.Hotline (877) 378-4154
- Opioids are synthetic drugs derived from the Opium Poppy plant, and they are considered narcotic drugs. Medically, these substances are often used as pain relievers. In addition, doctors may prescribe a range of potential opioids to patients who come to them expressing an overwhelming and unmanageable amount of pain.
- Examples of Prescription Opioid Drugs include:
- Oxycodone (OxyContin)
- Percocet (Oxycodone with acetaminophen)
- Percodan (Oxycodone with aspirin)
- Meperidine (Demerol)
- Fentanyl (Duragesic)
- Hydrocodone with acetaminophen (Lorcet, Lortab, Vicodin)
- Hydrocodone (Zohydro ER, Hysingla ER)
- Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
- Moreover, opiates are a similar form of these drugs where the active ingredient is naturally occurring. These substances include opium, morphine, and codeine. These substances are highly addictive and contribute to the opioid epidemic that has been crippling America for decades. Therefore, medical detox and treatment are often necessary to help those who have been battling this form of addiction.
Get Help. Get Better. Get Your Life Back.
Searching for an Accredited Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Near You?
Even if you have failed previously and relapsed, or are in the middle of a difficult crisis, we stand ready to support you. Our trusted behavioral health specialists will not give up on you. When you feel ready or just want someone to speak to about therapy alternatives to change your life call us. Even if we cannot assist you, we will lead you to wherever you can get support. There is no obligation. Call our hotline today.FREE Addiction Hotline – Call 24/7
- Stimulants are a class of prescription pills used to manage conditions associated with attention and focus, such as ADHD. These benefit people with attention deficiency by enhancing their cognitive function and sharpening their focus. However, they work by stimulating dopamine production, a naturally occurring hormone responsible for feelings of pleasure, and induce a sort of “high” upon entering the bloodstream. The high becomes a sensation that users seek and can lead to addiction. Common examples of prescription stimulants include Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta, Desoxyn, Dexedrine, and Suprenza.
- Sedatives are a class of drugs that do just that: they sedate the user. The level of sedation may vary depending on the exact drug, the dosage, and factors related to the individual taking the medication. Generally, Sedatives, or CNS Depressants, are in prescription to people who struggle with anxiety and sleeping disorders. Because they can have a calming effect on the user by increasing the presence of GABA, a neurotransmitter that slows activity in the central nervous system. Given that, the sedative effect can vary from simply making an individual relaxed to making them highly drowsy. Unfortunately, Individuals trying to escape feelings such as anxiety, fear, and depression; may abuse these substances to avoid these feelings for a little while. Xanax, Ambien, Valium, Klonopin, Mebaral, and Nembutal are common sedatives on the market.
How is Prescription Pill Detox
Prescription Pill Detox can produce withdrawal symptoms just as harsh as many illicit drugs. So, consider whether it will be harmless to detox from prescription drugs at home, and a treatment facility is a more secure option. To clarify, detoxifying your body from prescription drugs is not common knowledge.
The method can usually be eased and more appropriately managed with the help of professional addiction treatment caregivers. So, what benefits are available at home? and what level of support is reasonable to expect from loved ones during this time?
And, someone who is detoxing may be helpless to care for themselves during this time, and it is best to be prepared for the worst.
Natural Prescription Pill Detox Methods
There are several ways how to detox your body from prescription pills naturally. These methods include nutrient-rich diets or detoxifying practices like yoga, massage, and other holistic approaches. Secondly, the most transparent process of naturally detoxing from prescription drug medications is just allowing time and rest to do its thing. However, detoxing from prescription pills can be dangerous, but being patient and letting time pass while your body naturally detoxes is reasonable; for those who produce uncomfortable symptoms.
Prescription Pill Detox Program Benefits
A prescription drug detox program is beneficial for anyone who is trying to overcome this type of addiction. Because these programs can provide medical interventions when necessary, they can provide physical and psychological barriers to lower the risk of relapse. Specific benefits include:
- 24/7 Monitoring for Alleviating Withdrawal
- Medical Interventions
- Access to Alternative Therapies
- Licensed Addiction Professionals
- Individualized Treatment Plans
First-class Facilities & Amenities
World-class High-Quality Addiction & Mental Health Rehabilitation TreatmentRehab Centers Tour
Renowned Addiction Centers. Serene Private Facilities. Inpatient rehab programs vary.Addiction Helpline (877) 378-4154
Proven recovery success experience, backed by a Team w/ History of:
- 15+ Years Experience
- 100s of 5-Star Reviews
- 10K+ Recovery Successes
- Low Patient to Therapist Ratio
- Onsite Medical Detox Center
- Comprehensive Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
- Complimentary Family & Alumni Programs
- Coaching, Recovery & Personal Development Events
Symptoms of Withdrawal
- Drowsiness, Lethargy, and Random Sleeping Habits
- Lack of Desire to Exercise
- Shallow or Poor Breathing
- Decreased Libido
- Cold and Flu Symptoms
- Nausea and Headaches
- Poor Hygiene
- Bad Decisions or Habits
- Ignoring Responsibilities
- Difficulty with Personal and Professional Relationships
- Weight Loss
- Jumpy or Over-Energetic
- Fast and Excessive Speech
- High Blood Pressure
- Constant Alertness
- High Body Temperature
- Delusions and Paranoia
- Chest Pain
- Erratic Heartbeat
- Random Sleep Patterns
- Poor Memory
- Slurred Speech
- Off-Balance or Lack of Steadiness
- Poor Coordination
- Dilated Pupils
- Aggressive Behavior
In addition to being uncomfortable, the prescription pill detox process can be downright dangerous. Consequently, depending on numerous factors, the process may take days or upwards of a week or two. On the other hand, withdrawal symptoms can even turn deadly. In conclusion. these are all reasons why it is essential to see the help of a professional medical detox facility. In fact, medications are available as well to ease the detox process, but this must be done so with professional care and close monitoring.
World-class, Accredited, 5-Star Reviewed, Effective Addiction & Mental Health Programs. Complete Behavioral Health Inpatient Rehab, Detox plus Co-occuring Disorders Therapy.CALL (877) 378-4154
End the Addiction Pain. End the Emotional Rollercoaster. Get Your Life Back. Start Drug, Alcohol & Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Treatment Now. Get Free No-obligation Guidance by Substance Abuse Specialists Who Understand Addiction & Mental Health Recovery & Know How to Help.
Safe Prescription Pill Detox
Narcotic addiction is a common issue in the US because according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) , prescription and over-the-counter substance abuse are second only to marijuana misuse in terms of prevalence. Unfortunately, it is directly related to the magnitude and duration of withdrawal symptoms during detox that prescription drugs are physically and chemically dependent.
Most importantly, please do not try to detox on your own because all prescription drugs have withdrawal effects and health risks. Provided that, detoxification should be done under medical supervision and should be the first stage in a recovery program. Since addiction and dependence are physical and mental, detox can never be the only level in the healing process.
The Most Commonly Abused Prescription Pill Categories that Require Detox
The Prescription Drug Classifications that Contain the Most Commonly Abused Drugs that Require Detox are:
- Amphetamines and Stimulants
- Anabolic Steroids
- Sedatives and Tranquilizers
Each one of these drug classes can be helpful when it is used correctly but very dangerous when they are taken for too long or when they are abused in some way. Above all, addiction to prescription pills is distressing, most of the time, it is necessary to get the right sort of treatment if you think you might have an addiction. Therefore, medically assisted detox is the best way to begin recovering.
Given that, prescription drugs addiction doesn’t have to be a life sentence. However, going to prescription pill detox, with the help of treatment experts, can make a difference because of the support you may get to life-long recovery.
We are here to help. Contact us today here at We Level Up New Jersey and get the solutions you need to start your journey to sobriety.
Start a New Life
Begin with a free call to an addiction & behavioral health treatment advisor. Learn more about our dual-diagnosis programs. The We Level Up treatment center network delivers recovery programs that vary by each treatment facility. Call to learn more.
>> Personalized Care
>> Caring Accountable Staff
>> World-class Amenities
>> Licensed & Accredited
>> Renowned w/ 100s 5-Star Reviews
We’ll Call You
 Over-the-Counter Medicines – National Institute on Drug Abuse