Eszopiclone “Lunesta” Detox Treatment, Eszopiclone Side Effects, Symptoms Of Overdose, Lunesta Detox Withdrawal Timeline
- 1 Eszopiclone “Lunesta” Detox Treatment, Eszopiclone Side Effects, Symptoms Of Overdose, Lunesta Detox Withdrawal Timeline
- 2 Eszopiclone Side Effects
- 3 Symptoms Of Overdose
- 4 The Things You Should Avoid While Taking Lunesta
- 5 Symptoms Of Withdrawal
- 6 Lunesta Detox Rehab Treatment
- 7 Lunesta Detox Withdrawal Timeline
- 8 Lunesta Detox and Addiction Treatment
Lunesta is the brand name for the drug “eszopiclone.” Eszopiclone is used to treat insomnia, the difficulty of falling asleep or staying asleep. Eszopiclone is in a class of medications called hypnotics. It works by slowing liveliness in the brain to allow sleep. The purpose of having Lunesta detox is when you have a dependency on the drug that, instead of helping you, it’s causing you more harm.
Eszopiclone may provoke severe or possibly life-threatening sleep behaviors. This may include walking, driving, or making phone calls. If this happens to you, stop taking eszopiclone and call your doctor right away.
Severe injury or death could occur if you walk or drive while you are not fully awake. The users will usually experience these strange behaviors, and after they woke up, these people could not recall what they had done.  Severe injury or death could occur if you walk or drive while you are not fully awake.
Eszopiclone Side Effects
Eszopiclone may cause a severe allergic reaction. Therefore, you should discontinue taking eszopiclone and get emergency medical aid if you have signs of an allergic reaction such as hives; nausea, vomiting; difficulty breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call Your Doctor At Once If You Have:
- Memory Problems
- Unusual Thoughts or Behavior
- Thoughts of Hurting Yourself
- Hallucinations (hearing or seeing things)
Common Side Effects
- Day-Time Drowsiness
- “Hangover” Feeling
- Dry Mouth
- Unusual or unpleasant taste in your mouth
- Cold or Flu Symptoms with fever, body aches, sore throat, cough, runny or stuffy nose
This is not a complete list of side effects, and others may occur.
Severe Side Effects that Need Immediate Response
- Swelling of the eyes, face, lips, tongue, throat, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Feeling that the throat is closing
Some of these circumstances may result in serious injuries, including death. Anyone who has this encounter while using eszopiclone should end using the drug and contact their healthcare provider.
Symptoms Of Overdose
An overdose of eszopiclone can be fatal, mainly when used with other medications that can cause drowsiness. The main symptoms include:
- Coma (loss of consciousness for some time)
The Things You Should Avoid While Taking Lunesta
- Avoid taking eszopiclone during a tour or travel, such as sleeping on an airplane. You may be waked before the effects of the medication have worn off. In addition, Amnesia (forgetfulness) is more common if you do not get at least 8 hours of sleep after taking eszopiclone.
Avoid Drinking Alcohol
- Dangerous side effects or death could occur because of the combination of these two substances. In addition, avoid taking eszopiclone within 1 hour after having a high-fat or heavy meal. As a result of doing such things, this will make it more difficult for your body to absorb the medication.
- Eszopiclone can cause side effects that may weaken your thinking or reactions. In addition, you may still feel sleepy the morning after taking eszopiclone. Until you know how this drug will affect you during waking hours, be cautious if you drive, operate machinery, pilot an airplane, or do anything that demands alertness.
Symptoms Of Withdrawal
Lunesta withdrawal symptoms differ between users, but most endure moderate to severe sleep problems after discontinuing the drug. What withdrawal symptoms would feel like depends on several factors, including how long the individual has been using Lunesta, how often they took Lunesta, how much Lunesta they took each time, whether they combined Lunesta with other drugs and alcohol, and their mental health and medical history.
Symptoms Correlated With Lunesta Withdrawal Include:
- Abnormal Dreams
- Muscle Spasms
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Fatigue (can be due in part to anxiety and sleep deprivation)
- Short-Term Memory Impairment
- Mood Swings
- Poor Concentration
- Depression-Like Symptoms
- Stomach Cramps
- Panic Attacks
Because the symptoms and severity of Lunesta withdrawal vary and can be random, users are advised to consult a doctor before quitting use—particularly those with moderate to severe Lunesta addictions.
Lunesta Detox Rehab Treatment
Lunesta withdrawal symptoms usually include anxiety, unsettling dreams, sleep difficulties, fatigue, irritability, muscle spasms, and nausea. In addition, when quitting cold turkey, users have undergone severe effects such as panic attacks and seizures.
That is why a medically managed withdrawal process from Lunesta is a suitable treatment option. At We Level Up New Jersey, this involves round-the-clock medically supervised detox to help clients break the cycle of Lunesta use.
The client’s physical comfort and safety during eszopiclone (Lunesta) detox is our top priority. Therefore, nurses monitor each client’s withdrawal signs regularly so that any medication intake can be adjusted accordingly.
Lunesta detox at We Level Up NJ starts with a thorough pre-assessment by our Consultant Psychiatrist to determine the client’s personalized Lunesta detox program. Next, they will gather all essential medical and drug use history information and prescribe any medication for managing Lunesta withdrawal symptoms.
The duration of Lunesta detox will also be assessed on a case-by-case basis, as it depends on how much of the medication is in the client’s body and for how long they had been using it and other drugs. Lunesta detox may take a long time, as with all benzodiazepines. This needs to be supervised by the medical team.
Lunesta Detox Withdrawal Timeline
- Days 1-2: Withdrawal occurs within the first 48 hours after ending the use of Lunesta. Intense insomnia and anxiety are usually the first symptoms to show up.
- Days 3-7: Symptoms peak during this period. The user’s rebound symptoms should start to lessen after a few days. Sleeping problems may still happen after rebound symptoms have gone away, but the trouble will be much less intense. Users may also feel irritable, weak, and nauseous.
- Days 8-21: Over the next two weeks, symptoms will disappear and become increasingly milder. However, some users may continue having sleeping problems.
- Days 22+: If any symptoms persist, they should be very mild. Some users encounter PAWS (post-acute withdrawal symptoms) after the acute phase of withdrawal has ended. These symptoms peak four to eight weeks after the last dose was taken.
Lunesta Detox and Addiction Treatment
Lunesta rehab treatment includes psychotherapy within our residential treatment program. During therapy, the client, and their therapist work on breaking the psychological addiction to Lunesta.
Targeted individual counseling and group therapy sessions, along with other corresponding therapies, educational lectures, and relapse prevention seminars, are used to address the underlying determinants for their insomnia and subsequent Lunesta addiction. Given that, clients are taught to confront these concerns and deal with Lunesta cravings by using healthy coping skills.
As Lunesta manages sleep disorders, recovering patients will attend different therapies to recover healthy sleep habits, such as mindfulness; relaxation, acupuncture, or massage.
Moreover, our Lunesta rehab program also applies 12-step support groups such as Narcotics Anonymous (NA), because it is a valuable resource during eszopiclone aftercare.
We also have the expertise to treat dual diagnosis, which is typical among Lunesta users. In addition, since Lunesta abuse can lead to a co-occurring mental health disorder, such as anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts; our treatment program is tailored to address these disorders simultaneously.
So, if you or someone you love is seeking a safe, secure, and compassionate resource for Lunesta detox, We Level Up NJ is here for you.
Call us and speak with an addiction counselor today about our levels of care.
 Eszopiclone – AHFS® Patient Medication Information U.S. National Library of Medicine