Substance use disorders occur when the recurrent use of alcohol and/or drugs causes clinically significant impairment, including health problems, disability, and failure to meet major responsibilities at work, school, or home.  We Level Up New Jersey know that any of these types of addiction is a three-fold disease—one of body, mind, and spirit. Given that, we have designed our treatment program to address each of these aspects in order to treat the person as a whole.
Substance Use Disorder (SUD) or addiction, is a complex condition in which there is the uncontrolled use of a substance despite its harmful consequences. If you have an addiction to drugs or alcohol, you certainly have an intense focus on using a certain substance such as alcohol or drugs. It is uncontrollable to the point that you cannot think of any other things for instance. People keep using the substance even when they know it is causing or will cause a lot of physical, social, even financial problems.
You may have distorted thinking and behaviors if you have substance abuse disorder. Addiction causes changes in brain structure and function. As a result, it will cause you to have intense cravings, changes in personality, abnormal movements, and other behaviors. In other words, this disorder is changing the functions of our brain.
Get Help. Get Better. Get Your Life Back.
Searching for Accredited Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers Near You? Or Mental Health Support?
Even if you have failed previously, relapsed, or are in a difficult crisis, we stand ready to support you. Our trusted behavioral health specialists will not give up on you. Call us when you feel ready or want someone to speak to about therapy alternatives to change your life. Even if we cannot assist you, we will lead you wherever you can get support. There is no obligation. Call our hotline today.FREE Addiction Hotline – Call 24/7
Addiction Risk Factors
Addiction causes intoxication and brings intense pleasure, euphoria, calm, increased perception and sense, and other feelings. Despite these ‘’high’’ effects, addiction is obviously dangerous in many aspects of our lives and even deadly.
The Risk Factors are:
- Heredity is one of the major risks factors for addiction. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, your risk of addiction to alcohol or other drugs is maybe based on genetics. If you have family members who have experienced addiction, there is a big chance you will experience it too.  For instance, if you have an alcoholic parent, you might choose not to drink but still become addicted to smoking or using drugs.
- Pressure from friends or co-workers to fit in can create an environment of “experimentation” with substances that can lead to addiction as well. The availability of a substance in your social group can also affect your risk of becoming addicted. For example, there are always large amounts of alcohol are available in many social settings. You may need to avoid environmental triggers if you are trying to recover from an addiction, including some activities, settings, or people. You may need to avoid the people that you previously used drugs with for instance.
- The age at which you begin the behavior of using drugs can greatly increase your risk of addiction as well because it might continue even if you become an adult. Addiction chooses no age once you got access to certain substances. A survey conducted by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism found that young adults between the age of 18 and 24 were most likely to have both alcohol use disorders and other drug addictions.  Addiction, when you are young, can also impact your brain development, making you more prone to mental health disorders as you get older, and more prone to drug cravings and abuse.
First-class Facilities & Amenities
World-class High-Quality Addiction & Mental Health Rehabilitation TreatmentRehab Centers Tour
Renowned Addiction Centers. Serene Private Facilities. Inpatient rehab programs vary.Addiction Helpline (877) 378-4154
Proven recovery success experience, backed by a Team w/ History of:
- 15+ Years Experience
- 100s of 5-Star Reviews
- 10K+ Recovery Successes
- Low Patient to Therapist Ratio
- Onsite Medical Detox Center
- Comprehensive Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
- Complimentary Family & Alumni Programs
- Coaching, Recovery & Personal Development Events
Types of Addiction:
Prescription Drug Addiction
The Need for Addiction Treatment
Addiction is a progressive illness. The amount used, the frequency and consistency of use, and the damage done in terms of health, well-being, and one’s relationship with others follows a predictable trajectory. There may be brief interludes where it all seems manageable, but they are almost always followed by a worsening of circumstances, further isolation and despair, and bewilderment at how all of this could have ever happened again.
Addiction, whether to alcohol, prescription pills, heroin or other opiates, or stimulants, is almost invariably too powerful for the individual to overcome on their own. In its early stages, this often is not apparent to the user or others, and there is little incentive to stop.
As dependency develops, the user might see signs to moderate or stop. But, the payoff for continuing the drug in question (to the user) outweighs the costs, and despite all the consequences, the user will continue to use. Skewed perception will gain its own momentum and is usually only interrupted by an unforeseen moment of clarity. This is where the addict suddenly gains a reasonable perspective on his or her condition, or by an external event like an intervention, arrest, or accident.
World-class, Accredited, 5-Star Reviewed, Effective Addiction & Mental Health Programs. Complete Behavioral Health Inpatient Rehab, Detox plus Co-occuring Disorders Therapy.CALL (877) 378-4154
End the Addiction Pain. End the Emotional Rollercoaster. Get Your Life Back. Start Drug, Alcohol & Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Treatment Now. Get Free No-obligation Guidance by Substance Abuse Specialists Who Understand Addiction & Mental Health Recovery & Know How to Help.
We Level Up New Jersey Addiction Treatment Center
Rесоvеrу from substаnсе use is an оngоіng, lifelong рrосеss. Managing an аddісtіоn іnvоlvеs lеаrnіng hоw tо nаvіgаtе thrоugh dаіlу lіfе wіthоut usіng, аnd іnvоlvеs hаrd wоrk аnd dеdісаtіоn.
Тhеrе аrе sеvеrаl lеvеls оf саrе аvаіlаblе fоr раtіеnts аt dіffеrеnt stаgеs оf аddісtіоn. Моst рrоgrаms bеgіn wіth dеtохіfісаtіоn, а рrосеss thаt сlеаnsеs thе drugs frоm уоur sуstеm аnd рrераrеs уоu fоr thе dеереr wоrk оf rесоvеrу. Yоur trеаtmеnt саn tаkе рlасе аt а rеsіdеntіаl (аlsо knоwn аs “іnраtіеnt”) fасіlіtу. This is whеrе уоu rесеіvе 24-hоur mоnіtоrіng, оr аt аn оutраtіеnt сеntеr, whеrе уоu rесеіvе rесоvеrу sеrvісеs durіng thе dау whіlе lіvіng оff sіtе. Раrtіаl hоsріtаlіzаtіоn іs аn іntеrmеdіаtе lеvеl оf саrе, whісh іs lеss іntеnsіvе thаn rеsіdеntіаl trеаtmеnt, уеt mоrе struсturеd thаn оutраtіеnt rеhаb.
Underlying the superficial aspects of which drug is involved, or what the circumstances might be, are a host of feelings, beliefs, and tendencies that provide a commonality that often surprises the addict in recovery. And when these are addressed, revealed as non-unique, and healed, the addict finds a new commonality in recovery from those very issues that drove addiction in the first place. On the surface, recovery is about breaking the addiction cycle–at its core, recovery through holistic drug treatment is about healing from fear, trauma, deep psychic wounds, anger, and loneliness.
If your loved one is struggling with any of these types of addiction, an intervention is something that we at We Level Up New Jersey can and will also participate in for you or your family member to help ease the transition into a life of peace and recovery. Reach us today and take this opportunity to reclaim your life and help the person you care about.
Experience Transformative Recovery at the We Level Up Treatment Center.
See our authentic success stories. Get inspired. Get the help you deserve.
Start a New Life
Begin with a free call to an addiction & behavioral health treatment advisor. Learn more about our dual-diagnosis programs. The We Level Up treatment center network delivers various recovery programs at each treatment facility. Call to learn more.
- Personalized Care
- Caring Accountable Staff
- World-class Amenities
- Licensed & Accredited
- Renowned w/ 5-Star Reviews
We’ll Call You
 https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disorders – (SAMHSA) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration
 Genetics & Addiction – National Institute on Drug Abuse
 https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/AA76/AA76.htm – National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism