Inspirational Quotes for Alcoholics
Words have power! Whether written or spoken, it can drastically change how we perceive reality. They crystallize our beliefs and drive our behavior—including helping and inspiring us to heal in the case of positive self-affirmation. 101 Sobriety Quotes or words of encouragement might help any of your loved ones struggling with addiction.
Sobriety quotes on recovery and other quotes for recovering addicts empower and imprint positive messages in our subconscious minds. An American study published in the Journal of Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience highlights “neural processes associated with successful self-affirmation, and further suggests that key pathways may be amplified in conjunction with prospection.”
Another study suggests that positive messages can counter and help reduce people’s tendency to hang onto negative experiences, such as the challenges of addiction and withdrawal. Research even goes on to show that meaningful sobriety quotes for addiction recovery and self-affirmations can promote pro-social behavior, boost well-being, and even improve problem-solving under stress.
The recurring message here is that people struggling with addiction can find solace and encouragement in sobriety quotes.
- Inspirational Quotes for Alcoholics
- 101 Sobriety Quotes – Quotes About Alcohol Abuse
- 101 Sobriety Quotes – Quotes for Families of Addicts
- 101 Sobriety Quotes – Quotes for Sobriety Anniversary
- 101 Sobriety Quotes – Proud of Your Sobriety Quotes
- 101 Sobriety Quotes – Overdose Awareness Quotes
- 101 Sobriety Quotes – Congratulations on Sobriety Quotes
Get Your Life Back
Find Hope & Recovery. Get Safe Comfortable Detox, Addiction Rehab & Mental Health Dual Diagnosis High-Quality Care at the We Level Up Treatment Centers Network.Hotline (877) 378-4154
101 Sobriety Quotes – Quotes About Alcohol Abuse
- “Addiction is just a way of trying to get at something else. Something bigger. Call it transcendence if you want, but it’s like a rat in a maze. We all want the same thing. We all have this hole. The thing you want offers relief, but it’s a trap.” – Tess Callahan
- “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become. Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we don’t ever want to be again.” – Shane Niemeyer
- “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Sometimes you’ve just got to give yourself what you wish someone else would give you.” – Dr. Phil
- “Your best days are ahead of you. The movie starts when the guy gets sober and puts his life back together; it doesn’t end there.” – Bucky Sinister
- “All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “You can come out of the furnace of trouble two ways: if you let it consume you, you come out a cinder; but there is a kind of metal which refuses to be consumed, and comes out a star.” – Jean Church
- “As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world… as in being able to remake ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese proverb
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
- “Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them – every day, begin the task anew.” – Saint Francis de Sales
- “If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra
- “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort
- “If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
Inspired by these alcoholism quotes? You can seek help and recovery for addiction to get your life on track.
101 Sobriety Quotes – Quotes for Families of Addicts
People often find drug addiction quotes for families helpful. It isn’t just those who struggle with substance abuse; their family members, friends, and other loved ones are impacted, too.
1. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller,
2. “I understood, through rehab, things about creating characters. I understood that creating whole people means knowing where we come from, how we can make a mistake and how we overcome things to make ourselves stronger.” – Samuel L. Jackson
3. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4.“ Remember just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” – Robert Downey
5. “Every day is a new day. No need to dwell on the past. Look straight ahead.” – Saint Charlotte
6. “I really mean when I say my biggest fear in early recovery was that I would never have fun again. The beautiful truth is that recovery has given me freedom and the confidence to go out in the world and leave my own mark.” – Tom Stoddart
7. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
8. “It’s okay to bleed on someone who didn’t cut you. Don’t wait until you’re scarred over to ask for help. Healing starts when the wound is still new.” ― Toni Sorenson
9. “Your addiction is not you, but it feels like you because you’ve spent so much intimate time together.” ― Toni Sorenson
10. “Recovery Is About Progression Not Perfection.” – Unknown
11. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
Get Help. Get Better. Get Your Life Back.
Searching for Accredited Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers Near You? Or Mental Health Support?
Even if you have failed previously, relapsed, or are in a difficult crisis, we stand ready to support you. Our trusted behavioral health specialists will not give up on you. Call us when you feel ready or want someone to speak to about therapy alternatives to change your life. Even if we cannot assist you, we will lead you wherever you can get support. There is no obligation. Call our hotline today.FREE Addiction Hotline – Call 24/7
101 Sobriety Quotes – Quotes for Sobriety Anniversary
Breaking free from the chains of drug and alcohol addiction is not easy—but it’s not impossible either. As someone burdened with addiction, remember that countless others were in the same state of despair and guilt, but they turned their lives around. A little inspiration might help, so here are some inspiring substance abuse quotes that can help you on our journey to recovery,
1) “We’re all looking at the people around us, the people who have gone before us who have succeeded in recovery and have long-term sobriety and they are an illustration for us of how good it can be.” ~ Scott Stevens
2) “The hopeful part about that is when you do have that help, you will feel better. It still doesn’t make this easy. Nothing makes this easy, but you can make better decisions.” ~ David Sheff
3) “The CRAFT approach, developed by Bob Meyers at U of New Mexico, is one set of important tools that DO work, and it feels great to see families using these strategies and getting results, feeling hopeful again, feeling empowered, getting support, learning to trust themselves again, getting their lives and the lives of their children back.” ~ Jeff Foote, PhD
4) “Recovery is all about using our power to change our beliefs that are based on faulty data.” ~ Kevin McCormack
5) “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don’t give up.” ~ Anne Lamott
6) “I know, despite all my best efforts and deepest desires, that I can’t guarantee a happy, healthy, and successful path for my children; still, once in a while, I feel the tide touching my toes.” ~ D’Anne Burwell
7) “There is a place in this movement for everybody, whether you just want to share your story at a school, share your story with your neighbor or you want to speak to your legislator about how important supporting addiction recovery is for our communities.” ~ Greg Williams
8) “Positive thoughts and prayer have been the best means available, since the beginning of time, to transform darkness into light.” ~ Cate Stevens
10) “Get in touch with their own intuition. The answers are inside if we have a process to be introspective.” ~ Dr. Herby Bell
Some of the best drug free quotes and sayings amidst a chaotic life of addiction begin with the hope that something ‘out there can instantly fill up the emptiness inside.
101 Sobriety Quotes – Overdose Awareness Quotes
Drug abuse is not easy to discuss, yet it can affect anyone. Any drug can be abused and lead to overdose. Draw attention to overdose awareness by discussing drug abuse and preventing overdoses. Overdosing does not discriminate!
1.“May you have all the pleasure you’ve always craved? Nay, may you drown in it!” ― Ahmed Mostafa
2. “Unreason is an essential medicine as long as you do not overdose. ― Dean Koontz, Forever Odd
3. “Prohibition kills, education saves lives” ― Dominic Milton Trott
4. “Hello fentanyl, goodbye world.” ― Steven Magee
5. “Do not take an overdose, whether that relates to wisdom, motives, any tricks, or other objects and subjects that bring you down to only humiliate you.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
6. “ One day he felt ready to give up on life. He overdosed on heroine and woke up a day later at the hospital, where he was diagnosed with cancer. Just perfect, he thought.” ― Jason Medina,
First-class Facilities & Amenities
World-class High-Quality Addiction & Mental Health Rehabilitation TreatmentRehab Centers Tour
Renowned Addiction Centers. Serene Private Facilities. Inpatient rehab programs vary.Addiction Helpline (877) 378-4154
Proven recovery success experience, backed by a Team w/ History of:
- 15+ Years Experience
- 100s of 5-Star Reviews
- 10K+ Recovery Successes
- Low Patient to Therapist Ratio
- Onsite Medical Detox Center
- Comprehensive Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
- Complimentary Family & Alumni Programs
- Coaching, Recovery & Personal Development Events
101 Sobriety Quotes – Proud of Your Sobriety Quotes
1) “No. I am not a royalist. Not at all. I am definitely a republican in the British sense of the word. I just don’t see the use of the monarchy though I’m fierce patriot. I’m proud proud proud of being English, but I think the monarchy symbolizes a lot of what was wrong with the country.” ~ Daniel Radcliffe
2) “There is nothing wrong with sobriety in moderation. ” ~ John Ciardi
3) “Strength of mind rests in sobriety; for this keeps your reason unclouded by passion. ” ~ Pythagoras
4) “I have other obligations now – the show, my family, my life… though I know that without my sobriety I wouldn’t have any of those things.” ~ Rob Lowe
5) “First, Resolve upon, and daily endeavour to practise, a life of seriousness and strict sobriety. ” ~David Brainerd
101 Sobriety Quotes – Congratulations on Sobriety Quotes
Is it okay to congratulate someone on their recovery? Absolutely! Reaching a sobriety milestone is an important and worthwhile accomplishment, no matter how big. As a friend or loved one of someone in recovery, your congratulations will likely be well-accepted, especially if you consider how you express it carefully.
Not all of us are great with words, and that’s okay! Sometimes, we need a little help figuring out what to say. Whether you say them aloud or write them down on a card, here are some great ways to communicate your support to a friend who is celebrating a sobriety milestone:
“I’m so proud of you.”
“You’re doing incredible work. Don’t give up!”
“I’m here if you ever need anything.”
“I am so happy you’re doing well.”
“You are truly inspiring to others who are struggling with addiction.”
“You’ve grown to become such a confident and strong person.”
“I’m so happy to celebrate this moment with you on your journey!”
World-class, Accredited, 5-Star Reviewed, Effective Addiction & Mental Health Programs. Complete Behavioral Health Inpatient Rehab, Detox plus Co-occuring Disorders Therapy.CALL (877) 378-4154
End the Addiction Pain. End the Emotional Rollercoaster. Get Your Life Back. Start Drug, Alcohol & Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Treatment Now. Get Free No-obligation Guidance by Substance Abuse Specialists Who Understand Addiction & Mental Health Recovery & Know How to Help.
Many of us suffer from low self-esteem, which, in turn, perpetuates the cycle of addiction. But struggling with an addiction doesn’t mean we’re incapable, weak, or unworthy. And it certainly doesn’t mean we can’t change our lives around and move past the disease that has been holding us back. We are all worthy of being happy and of living our lives to the fullest. Embrace your worth as a human being and never settle for anything less than the healthy, happy, and sober life you deserve
Numerous amazing drug addiction support quotes by anonymous people inspired others to maintain their dedication to sobriety. Although your past behaviors shape who you are, it does not define who you will be. This is determined by your actions and behavior, not your past addiction. What you did in the past does not decide who you will be in the future.
At We Level Up inpatient drug and alcohol rehab facility in NJ, we know that recovering from addiction can be challenging. As the year comes to an end, it can be challenging to stay sober. However, these 101 Sobriety Quotes may be able to help. Read them aloud or put them somewhere where you will see them frequently. These alcohol addiction quotes can significantly impact your path to recovery.
“The Difference Today Is That I Have Hope”, Finding Peace Through Addiction Recovery & Sobriety Video
Addiction Recovery Testimonial
“Do you feel like you’re way closer or a lot closer to like, you know, knowing who you are, what makes you happy, what fulfills you, all that stuff.
I mean, I feel like it’s a work in progress, but the difference today is that I have hope that I’m going to be able to figure these things out, that I can get through any situation life throws at me. I’m a lot more at peace with myself.
I don’t think I’ll ever be able to label who I am, but I’m growing, and, like, that’s the most important thing for me today.”
Does Addiction Rehab Work?
Longer stays in treatment frequently result in better outcomes, however success can vary from person to person. Detox alone is rarely beneficial for long-term recovery. Attending treatment increases a person’s chances of long-term recovery compared to not attending.
Experience Transformative Recovery at the We Level Up Treatment Center.
See our authentic success stories. Get inspired. Get the help you deserve.
Start a New Life
Begin with a free call to an addiction & behavioral health treatment advisor. Learn more about our dual-diagnosis programs. The We Level Up treatment center network delivers various recovery programs at each treatment facility. Call to learn more.
- Personalized Care
- Caring Accountable Staff
- World-class Amenities
- Licensed & Accredited
- Renowned w/ 5-Star Reviews
We’ll Call You
 NIDA – https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/frequently-asked-questions/how-can-family-friends-make-difference-in-life-someone
 100 Sobriety Anniversary Quotes, Powerful & Helpful Messages (welevelup.com)
 101 Motivational Quotes For Recovering Addicts – Effective Rehab (welevelup.com)
 Inspiring Alcohol Recovery Quotes – 101 Quotes For Recovery (welevelup.com)
 Inspiring Alcohol Recovery Quotes – 101 Quotes For Recovery (welevelup.com)